Les œuvres du frac île-de-france
se font la malle dans les lycées
With the works of : John Baldessari, Roxane Borujerdi, Julien Carreyn, Julien Crépieux, Richard Fauguet, Morgan Fischer, Aurélien Froment, Vincent Ganivet, Loris Gréaud, Lucien Hervé, Véronique Joumard, Joachim Koester, Jirí Kovanda, Bo Christian Larsson, Antoine Marquis, Ralph Eugene Meatyard, Pierre Paulin, Émilie Pitoiset, Richard Prince, Till Roeskens, Aurélie Salavert, Stuart Sherman, Ulla Von Brandenburg, John Wood & Paul Harrisson, Erwin Wurm.
A project with the Région Île-de-France and in partnership with the Fondation ENGIE
The project for year 2017-2018
This year, the frac île-de-france continues and develops its roving project Flash Collection, imagined in November 2016 for high-school pupils of the region île-de-france.
The ambition is to extend the networks of partners, intervention sites, but also to conceive new tools that would allow the project to be increasingly mobile and flexible depending on the contexts:
- Adding to the original trunk designed by Olivier Vadrot for the Season 1, two new smaller trunks adapted to welcome artworks are introduced. On one side will be shown two works (by Émilie Pitoiset and Aurélie Salavert), and on the other, four works (by Julien Carreyn, Lucien Hervé, Jirì Kovanda et Bo Christian Larsson)
- Custom-made backpacks will also allow to carry specific artworks
- An electric car adapted to Flash Collection’s visual identity and practical requirements will finally be introduced during winter 2017
The programme takes the form of an annual partnership which comprises:
- One or two days in the high-school around the trunks and a selection of small two-dimensional works
- The exhibition of a video from the frac île-de-france collection, for several weeks
- A programme of guided tours in the two exhibition sites of the frac île-de-france, le plateau in Paris, le château in Rentilly
- Artists’ interventions in high-schools and training sessions offered to teachers
Flash Collection allows for a more immediate encounter with contemporary art by desacralizing its mode of display. The associated programme of tours and interventions helps to continue and deepens this discovery time. Other displays of the roving modules are also offered to secondary schools and universities.
This project has been realised with the support of region île-de-france. It complements the wide programme of mediation activities imagined by the Audiences Department of the frac île-de-france, which, since 2002, shares contemporary art in high-schools and conceives the display of works from its collection across the three academies of the region : Créteil, Paris, and Versailles.
In 2017-2018, the frac île-de-france renewed and developed this itinerant exhibition project, targeting lycées technologiques and professionnels with the support of the Fondation Engie.
50 high schools of general, technological and professional education in the region Île-de-France are concerned, about 35 000 students and 300 class sessions.
Schools participating in 2017-2018
– Lycée professionnel François Truffaut, Paris 3e (75)*
– Lycée Saint-Sulpice, Paris 6e (75)
– Institut Sainte-Geneviève, Paris 6e (75)*
– Lycée Eugène Delacroix, Paris 16e (75)
– Lycée polyvalent Diderot, Paris 19e (75)*
– Bibliothèque Fessart, Paris 19e (75)
– Lycée André Malraux, Montereau-Fault-Yonne (77)*
– Lycée polyvalent des métiers du bâtiment et des travaux publics, Les Pannevelles, Provins (77)*
– Lycée Condorcet, Limay (78)*
– Lycée La Bruyère, Versailles (78)
– Lycée professionnel Auguste Perret, Évry (91)*
– Lycée polyvalent Georges Brassens, Courcouronnes (91)*
– Lycée professionnel Nadar, Draveil (91)*
– Lycée professionnel André-Marie Ampère, Morsang-sur-Orge (91)*
– Lycée Michelet, Vanves (92)
– UFA Michel-Ange, Villeneuve-la-Garenne (92)*
– Lycée Emmanuel Mounier, Châtenay-Malabry (92)
– Lycée Henri Wallon, Aubervilliers (93)*
– Lycée Eugénie Cotton, Montreuil (93)*
– Lycée des métiers de l’horticulture et du paysage, Montreuil (93)*
– Lycée Suger, Saint-Denis (93)*
– Lycée Général et Technologique de l’Assomption, Bondy (93)*
– Lycée Pablo Picasso, Fontenay-sous-Bois (94)
– Lycée polyvalent Champlain, Chennevières-sur-Marne (94)*
– Lycée Grégor Mendel, Vincennes (94)
– Lycée Claude-Nicolas Ledoux, Vincennes (94)*
– Lycée Général et Technologique Alfred Kastler, Cergy (95)*
– Lycée Général et Technologique Galilée, Cergy-Pontoise (95)*
Technological and professional high-schools